Saturday, June 17, 2006

sabbath today, thank goodness. ironically, it was "women's ministry day" at church. the day before Father's Day. funny, no?

Its a day my daughter gets to enjoy Sabbath School, (which is all the better because I am not teaching yet!), I get to see my husband (who leave at 4:30am and gets home between 8 and 9:30pm on the week days), get a little extra sleep (said husband is home) and just generally enjoy being a family.

This is the first weekend that we have been alone at our house in a long time. Its nice just to be the 4 of us together. My DH is trying to get Yankee tickets (baseball) for tomorrow's father's day. yea. :-) But it's important that HE is happy. He is a wonderful father and a good husband to boot.

I put this John Frieda gloss stuff on my hair last night, expecting to wake up this morning to soft shiny waves. Instead, I wake up to hair that tries to become dreadlocks and looks like it hasn't been washed in a week. yuck. I fear I am on a "Bad Hair Trend". This happens. You just have to live through it.

Is it vain of me to consider quitting nursing my DS just so my boobs and butt will go back to normal? My boobs go to some land beyond a "D" when I'm nursing and I really hate it. My body thinks it must conserve every last ounce because my son eats like a horse. I just want to be D-O-N-E with any resemblance to anything having to do with being pregnant. I want my body back. Over a year of IVF, IUI, shots, ultrasounds, blood drawings, a month in the hospital and 10 weeks + on bedrest...I just want my body back. I want to wear my skinny jeans and look hot and maybe feel somewhat sexy. That hasn't happened in a long time. I had IVF for both of my kids and 3 miscarriages inbetween. I just want a rest.

The perfect salad: Dark, Dark salad leaves (preferably at least 3 kinds), drizzled in very high quality olive oil. Shake a generous amount of freshed shaved parmesaun cheese, and veggie salt. Sprinkle with sunflower seeds and tiny walnut pieces. Yum Yum.

Netflcks is not for me. I have now officially lost all 3 videos. Sigh. And my watch. BIG SIGH.

1 comment:

LadyBoyd said...

Hey. Sorry about the bad hair day! Ive been using that glaze this week, too, but Ive had nothing but good luck with it. :-( Wonder why it doesn't like you? You did say you'd used the shampoo before and didn't like it for some reason... Do you remember what?