Oh, the life and times...we have been sick as dogs. Why do people say "sick as dogs"? My dog is rarely sick? Strange, eh? Also the whole "parking on the driveway, driving on the parkway thing", I can get stuck on these things for HOURS baby.
BUT, inspired by Amalah, here are 6 weird things you may or may not know about me...considering who reads this, you probably DO know about me.
1. I like to put a full face of makeup on when I'm up really late sometimes, this also being unusual because I rarely WEAR a full face of makeup. I think I look somehow more "poetic" when I'm tired, and a nice dose of red lipstick and some kickin eyeshadow usually vamps up the energy for a few moments anyway. And yes, I carefully and fastidiously wash it all off before I go to bed. I ALWAYS wash my face before I go to bed. Even through many months of bedrest I would toddle to the bath for a teeth and face fix quickly.
2. I'm a hypochrondiac. I have the stomach flu...it's lasting too long, I've obviously got a twisted intestine and/or blockage. A bit of an itch? A full blown UTI (which I have never had)...my kid has a slight fever? It's menengitis. I spend several hours researching all the symptoms and nodding sagely with each. What is slightly amusing and kinda sad is that every serious medical issue I have actually had, I pretty much missed. It didn't even occur to me that a very serious problem I had with my placentas was what was life threatening when I gave birth until 9 months after my SECOND kid. Smart, eh?
3. I have to read before I can fall asleep. HAVE to. Sick, throwing up, full on fever, there is nothing a few pages of Victoria cannot fix. Which leads me to number 4.
4. I have almost every magazine that Victoria put out. I'm missing 2. I was missing 1, but it dissapeared in the move. What makes this truly a bit odd is that I read them regularly, but ONLY in the month they are meant for. (I'm reading Feb now) I NEVER skip ahead or behind...and I read it usually every single night. I'm a bit manic about these magazines, so if you see one casually strewn aroud my house, do NOT put your cup, clothes, book or such on top or even near it.
5. I'm a world class procrastinator mixed in with a type A personality. If I'm hot about something it has to be done NOW NOW NOW and MY WAY BUDDY. If I don't feel the slightest bit good, or just have done it one to many times, or just don't want to do it...I will find every possible thing to do instead. I spend far more time avoiding it and smaltzing around it than I probably would have actually just biting the bullet. Well, my husband is never bored.
6. One of my favorite movies is Wally Sparks...crude, stupid, immature yep. makes me laugh every single time...yep. Hate all the rest of his movies, they are RIDICULOUS!
My kids are tired, and the time has come to put the little buggers to bed. It's hard being the only parent around a lot of the time. I know I've complained about it to death, but this having my husband gone all the time stinks even more when I'm sick. I've been puking at least once a day now for 5 days. If my boobs hurt I would think I was pregnant. No, I'm not. Quite sure on that one for all of you that just got excited. To be pregnant enough to be this sick I would have to have not had a normal cycle 2 weeks ago, and I did. And my boobs would be twice their size and really uncomfortable. So NAH! Just probably an intestinal blockage or something fun like that.