Friday, May 16, 2008

Today it all starts.

I just dressed my little girl in her finest striped tights...her favorite pink horse sweater...and her pink butterfly rain boots. Then off she went on her Daddy's arm (literally, he carried her) to have her first school interview. I just waved good-bye and tried not to cry. I didn't tell her or warn her about the interview, I just said that she and Daddy were going to have a special time and go look at a school and talk to a teacher. All she wanted to know was if the school had a good playground. All I wanted to know was how was it possible that almost 5 years have gone by since that little hand grasped mine for the first time.

This might not be the school for her, this might not even be the right time for her to start school. Against most popular opinion, I don't think that a formal, full day kindergarten is the most important thing in the world. She is smart, I know that. Everyone that comes in contact with her mentions how smart, kind and respectful she is. I know she might be ready to move on to the next stage in her life, I'm just not sure that I am ready for that.

No one tells you how hard it is when your heart starts walking around outside and away from you. I can only pray it always comes back.

Good Luck my sweetheart, my first born, my love. May you find that the road isn't too hard, that there are wonderful secrets to be learned and discovered, and know that your Mama is always waiting here for you. I'm always on your side.

Just in case you ever wonder.

1 comment:

mrspooley said...

You made me all teary.. and I just bought that board book by Max Lucado for Oliver. Right now he mostly likes chewing on it. :)