This can and should apply to every aspect of our lives, from letters written (real, old fashioned ones), to time given, to speaking gently but firmly, to just letting people know I am interested in THEM.
I'm thinking on this, I will have more to say about it later. But there are many goals in my life, but this is my resolution.
There are so many things I would like to accomplish in this year. Here they are in no specific order, and in now way am I committing to anything! I'm just brainstorming! (How is that for a disclaimer...)
1. Organize my digital pictures. They are spread across several barely working computers. And several that have pretty much given up the ghost. Not good.
2. Organize my actual pictures. They are all piled up in a box. Not too good for them, but I guess I could grab it if i needed to run.
3. Do some kind of scrapbook/baby book/thingy for my kids. I have scraps of paper, random dates, etc. written down. But not a lot else, and I'm so afraid these precious memories are going to be gone one day and I wont have written anything down.
4. Organize my bills/taxes/businesses. We have done a lot of positive things for our family and financial situation this year. But I really need a good way to be able to put my finger on things and not have tax time be such a headache.
5. Organize my freelance business. Even if I only did one or two projects this year, I desperately need some kind of creative output. How to do this with 3 kids and house hunting, etc? I dunno.
6. Get our family business online. Leases, apts, rentals, etc. Its all done by hand right now and thats not going to work for too much longer.
7. Take at least one continuing educational class. Again, see "desperately need to leave the house sometimes". Yeah, that.
8. Spend more one on one time with my kids and spouse. I've been planning little ways to do this, and hopefully this will continue to get easier and better.
9. More physical activity. I need to get the last 10 lbs of baby weight off and I want to tone up and feel more energy. Just 10 minutes a day is better than nothing. Just need to get my butt in gear and actually do this. In the 5 minutes I'm not doing all the other stuff. I think it will be easier once we open the pool this summer, I love to swim and it is easier to walk out your backdoor. But then again, we might be moving this summer...sigh.
10. I would really, really, really like to have a studio. Just a small corner where tiny hands wont knock over my canvasses, steal my pencils and brushes, and smear my computer with fabric paint (yes, it happens).
11. I want to do my adult sabbath school lesson this year. Ive done 1.5 weeks so far.