Monday, January 12, 2009

2009

There are so many things I would like to accomplish in this year.  Here they are in no specific order, and in now way am I committing to anything!  I'm just brainstorming!  (How is that for a disclaimer...)

1.  Organize my digital pictures.  They are spread across several barely working computers.  And several that have pretty much given up the ghost.  Not good.  

2.  Organize my actual pictures.  They are all piled up in a box.  Not too good for them, but I guess I could grab it if i needed to run.

3.  Do some kind of scrapbook/baby book/thingy for my kids.  I have scraps of paper, random dates, etc. written down.  But not a lot else, and I'm so afraid these precious memories are going to be gone one day and I wont have written anything down.  

4.  Organize my bills/taxes/businesses.  We have done a lot of positive things for our family and financial situation this year.  But I really need a good way to be able to put my finger on things and not have tax time be such a headache.  

5.  Organize my freelance business.  Even if I only did one or two projects this year, I desperately need some kind of creative output.  How to do this with 3 kids and house hunting, etc?  I dunno.  

6.  Get our family business online.  Leases, apts, rentals, etc.  Its all done by hand right now and thats not going to work for too much longer.  

7.  Take at least one continuing educational class.  Again, see "desperately need to leave the house sometimes".  Yeah, that.  

8.  Spend more one on one time with my kids and spouse.  I've been planning little ways to do this, and hopefully this will continue to get easier and better.

9.  More physical activity.  I need to get the last 10 lbs of baby weight off and I want to tone up and feel more energy.  Just 10 minutes a day is better than nothing.  Just need to get my butt in gear and actually do this.  In the 5 minutes I'm not doing all the other stuff.  I think it will be easier once we open the pool this summer, I love to swim and it is easier to walk out your backdoor.  But then again, we might be moving this summer...sigh.

10.  I would really, really, really like to have a studio.  Just a small corner where tiny hands wont knock over my canvasses, steal my pencils and brushes, and smear my computer with fabric paint (yes, it happens).  

11.  I want to do my adult sabbath school lesson this year.  Ive done 1.5 weeks so far.  

thats my starting list...ill be adding to it.

1 comment:

beth said...

Hello Tiger Eye. My name is Beth, your picture was on my blog. I read some of your blog, you have a beautifull family. And I can see that you are a very busy lady.
I know how you feel though, there are so many things I want to do this year. But I have to tell myself that I can only do one thing at a time. So this year so far I have started this blog, cleaned out my filing cabinet, and let go of somethings in my personal life that have been weighing me down. I feel a little lighter. Of course my kids are grown, although not grown up. But working on it.
I'm really into birds right now in my art, and I found this little quote: Be like the bird that, passing on her flight awhile on boughs too slight, feels them give way beneath her, and yet sings, knowing that she hath wings.
Have a good week.
Beth